HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationProvide CPR or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation provides students with the knowledge and skills required to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies, including the use of a defibrillator (AED).
Course duration: Approximately 2 hours plus pre-course study
Cost: $65.00 (GST Free) - payment requested at time of booking
To attend this course, you will need to:
- Book into a HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course and pay your course fee.
- Complete your online pre-course study which only takes 30-60 minutes
- Sign up for a FREE USI. All students enrolled in nationally recognised training are required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken. Students can create their USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
- All students attending a First Aid course with us should read the Student Handbook before attending a course.
- Attend the CPR course date and complete the 2 hrs classroom time. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical assessment and participating in problem-solving scenarios. HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation describes the skills and knowledge required to provide CPR, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This course is suitable for those students requiring workplace first aid skills.
- Complete a short multiple choice theory test during and towards the end of the 2hr face-to-face session. The questions are relevant to what you have learnt in class and your workbook.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
NOTE: This is a component of the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course, whilst a HLTAID003 Provide First Aid certificate lasts for 3 years this component only lasts for 1 year. Meaning while your first aid certificate may be valid, your HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation component may have expired a year after the course completion date and may need to be refreshed yearly in some workplaces.
It is important to note that there are physical standards which relate to the level of performance required when undertaking accredited training. The HLTAID competency standards require a level of physical ability to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life. One requirement of the training package is that you are to be assessed as physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult CPR manikin placed on the floor. There can be no exceptions to these Australian Government requirements that are clearly written into the Training Package. Therefore, students who are unable to satisfy the physical requirements of the course cannot be deemed competent or issued with a statement of attainment, even if the qualification is a necessary part of their employment conditions.
Please refer to our Refund and Cancellation Policy in the event that you need to cancel or transfer your enrolment to another course.
Nationally recognised training and assessment delivered by Altitude First Aid on behalf of
Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909