HLTAID004Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care settingThe course is suitable for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This course includes HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID003 Provide First Aid.
This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011). This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
Course Duration: Approximately 7 hours plus pre-course study
Cost: $145.00 - payment requested at time of booking
Qualification remains current for three years. The HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation qualification should be completed annually.
To attend this course, you will need to:
- Book into a HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting and pay your course fee.
- Complete your online pre-course study which only takes 1-2 hours
- Sign up for a FREE USI. All students enrolled in nationally recognised training are required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken. Students can create their USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
- All students attending a First Aid course with us should read the Student Handbook before attending a course.
- Attend the first aid course date and complete the 7.5 hrs classroom time. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical on-going assessment, participating in problem-solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning. The class will also refresh the topics covered in the workbooks and dispel myths and reinforce best practice emergency care.
- Complete a short multiple choice theory test during and towards end of the 7hr face-to-face session. The questions are relevant to what you have learnt in class and your workbook.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
It is important to note that there are physical standards which relate to the level of performance required when undertaking accredited training. The HLTAID competency standards require a level of physical ability to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life. One requirement of the training package is that you are to be assessed as physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult CPR manikin placed on the floor. There can be no exceptions to these Australian Government requirements that are clearly written into the Training Package. Therefore, students who are unable to satisfy the physical requirements of the course cannot be deemed competent or issued with a statement of attainment, even if the qualification is a necessary part of their employment conditions.
Please refer to our Refund and Cancellation Policy in the event that you need to cancel or transfer your enrolment to another course.
Nationally recognised training and assessment delivered by Altitude First Aid on behalf of
Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909